Wednesday, March 4, 2009

TEXAS


Donna and I just returned from visiting our Missionaries, Kevin and Jen Ivie, in Leander, TX. We spent five days with them and their family. We flew 1500 miles, and I think we drove at least another 1500 miles. One of my purposes was to see what they are doing in their mission work as Awana missionaries. I was also able to speak to the parents and children of 8 churches who attended the Awana Quiz. Kevin and Jen are very busy people. Kevin took me with him to meet with a pastor who may become one of his Awana churches.







We also were able to see the sights and sounds of Austin and San Antonio. Here's my lunch after church. I had no idea how big it would be.










I also learned a few things about the Alamo and the significance of that battle that I had never known. Did we like Texas? Yes.

1 comment:

Justice and Ashley Jones said...

Did you check out the basement at the Alamo??