Tuesday, March 31, 2009

One Of Those Nights

Last night was one of "those" nights. I think we've all had them from time to time. The exact cause I really don't know, although I have a good speculation. After reading my book for about 45 minutes I threw the big pillow, propping my head, off to the side next to my book, laid my head down on my soft pillow and fell peacefully asleep for the night. I awoke about 4 am from a horrible nightmare. The Bible says, "in everything give thanks" so I did. I was thankful this was only a dream. After my amazement with how vivid this dream was, and how I could remember the awful details, I then turned to my side, closed my eyes, and fell asleep once again. It wasn't long before I found myself actively participating in another, although completely different, nightmare. Donna said I was thrashing all over the bed. She even attempted to wake me up...to no avail. After waking up a second time, I was amazed. Two in a row...vivid, graphic, awful. What's going on here? I wondered if this was an attack from the devil. Once again I was thankful to God that this was only a dream. What was my course of action at this point?
Sunday evening I just finished a four week, six hour class on spiritual warfare with a group of 36 men. Assuming these nightmares were empowered by the demonic realm, I simply did what I had been teaching the men to do. "But He gives a greater grace. Therefore it says, "GOD IS OPPOSED TO THE PROUD, BUT GIVES GRACE TO THE HUMBLE." Submit therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you" (James 4:6-7). I humbled myself before our God, who controls all things. I worshiped and gave thanks to Him for who He is. I then resisted the devil. I told him to leave my presence, and my house. Tonight I will close my day in prayer. I will worship the Lord, thank Him, pray for others, and lastly I will ask God to keep the demons out of my house tonight, for a restful night of sleep. I'll let you know how it went.

No comments: