Saturday, January 31, 2009

There's Power in That Name

The name of God has power. The following incident took place in the garden on the Mt. of Olives the night Judas betrayed Jesus.

John 18:
4 "Whom do you seek?"

5 They answered Him, "Jesus the Nazarene." He said to them, "I am ." And Judas also, who was betraying Him, was standing with them.
6 So when He said to them, "I am ," they drew back and fell to the ground.



This is significant. The people who came to arrest Jesus were knocked backward, struck by the power of God, and to the ground they went when He identified who He was.

It’s as if Jesus is saying, “Yes, you’ve come to arrest Me, but you’re not in control here. I’m in control. You’re here by My Father’s will…not your will. And you will bow before Me when I tell you who I am.


When God sent Moses to the children of Israel in Egypt, Moses asked who shall I tell them sent me? God said, "Tell them 'I am' sent you." Jesus said the following about Himself.

John 8:56-58
56 " Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad." 57 So the Jews said to Him, "You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?" 58 Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am

Jesus claimed to be "I am."

You know, going back to Mark 14…If I was in a group of people, and all of a sudden found myself on the dirt, and not just me, but everyone with me…I think I would have asked a question or two. “What just happened? How did this happen?” Who did this?” Who is this Man?”

There’s no written account of anyone asking those questions.

One day every knee shall bow before the great I AM.

No comments: