Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A Spiritual Activity

When we think of spiritual things, or spiritual activities, we normally think of church related, or missions related activities. Let me add another to the list. Having the grandchildren over for dinner, playing with them until bedtime, tucking them all into their sleeping bags and blankets, with the expectation of rising "early" in the morning (5 AM). What were we going to do at that outragous hour of the morning? We all went to the spiritual activity of watching hot air balloons blow up and take off into the crisp, early morning air. What a wonderful "spiritual" activity with my wife and grandchildren. The amazing thing was all four of these young ones woke up bright eyed and ready to go. I wish I could have said the same thing about Donna.
What a great day as the sun rose up over
the horizon.


It was quite a sight to watch these huge balloons rise up into the air and slowly float away. It wasn't long before they were all floating away into the dawn. After this we went to the big M and had breakfast for real.
I simply would not trade this time with my grandchildren for anything.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We gotta do more of these events! Time is awastin'...I think you and I have reached a point in time that we are very concious of the passing of time and not wasting it....where have I heard that? d.