Saturday, August 29, 2009

More Important Than Many Sparrows


I
just came inside from our patio area. I woke up this morning, made the coffee and grabbed my sermon. I went outside and sat on my favorite patio chair with coffee in hand. It was already 65 degrees out there this morning...very comfortable. It's supposed to be 110 today. This is one of my favorite times. What a great setting for "going through" my sermon text for Sunday morning.

My little friends were also out there this morning. Who are they? The finches. We have a feeder 20 feet from where I study. One day one of them flew into our sliding glass door. There he was, laying on his side, motionless. After waiting a couple of minutes, I went over to him, and picked him up in my hands. All of a sudden he awoke and flew off. They're learning to trust me. After all, I'm the one who feeds them, leads them beside still waters, our back yard fountain. In these difficult, hot days, these little guys need water. You can see where I'm going with this analogy.

If our future days should get hot, tough out there, we can trust Him.

Psalm 23:1-3 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want. 2 He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. 3 He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness For His name's sake.

For our name's sake? No, for His.

4 comments:

Grammy said...

I love the analogy! And I like the pictures, because they are our little buddies out there!
Love grammy d

Dave Rusco said...

Wow, you left your own reply. I'm impressed. Thanks for the reply. It's always nice when I see a reply.

Heidi said...

I like the finches too. They sure are picky eaters, only the thistle seed will do! If I run out of their seed they don't come around until I get more!

Dave Rusco said...

Mine just hang out in the tree until I fill the sock up again. They know I'll eventually feed them. What trust.