Sunday, August 3, 2008

Partially Back. (Read "Time Marches On" first below)

Before I left the care facility last night I told uncle Bob, "You're safe here." When Donna and I arrived at the facility today, the staff told us they did not have to sedate uncle Bob last night. That was great news. He was sleeping when we entered into his room. When he awoke, we heard something wonderful. Uncle Bob was in his right mind. All day he spoke with us, laughed with us, and complained a little to us about this most recent change point in his life. He ate the donut and Donna helped him sip the coffee we bought for him. Although very weak, and with an injured back, uncle Bob came back mentally and emotionally. I pray tomorrow will be the same.

We were all amazed when he began recounting my wedding day 39 years ago. He told me some of my baseball friends were writing all over my GTO. He remembers them questioning if Dave would like this. They said they didn't care...Uncle Bob laughed. He has a great laugh. Then he told me he was one of the ones who wired dozens of tin cans to the rear of my car. He laughed again. I never knew that. Do you know what? I really want to see this man in heaven with us...I really do!

1 comment:

Darren said...

I want to see Uncle Bob in heaven too! He is one of those guys who could suck in ANYONE into a story. After hearing a story from Uncle Bob and hearing his laugh, he makes a grown man say, "Tell it again!" (Such as taking me fishing as a kid)

So if Uncle Bob were in heaven, he would have a great position - story teller. People of all times would be gathered around to listen.

It's like you said - Lord, please take off his blinders.
Maybe God will use this change point to do such a miracle!